As I hinted in my "fun" blog, I have been hearing some interesting things about Apple's upcoming line of portable computers. The talk amongst insiders on the new MacBooks is kind of scattered but here's a summation of what I've heard:
- The new models are thinner than current MacBook and MacBook Pros and slightly more rounded, taking design cues from the MacBook Air.
- The trackpad is glass, multi-touch and uses gestures. The screen isn’t multi-touch.
- The body is manufactured out of one piece of aluminum. Eco-friendly, yet sturdy. Manufacturing process is completely different.
- Release Date: Last week(s) of September.
There are some other things that I can infer but have heard nothing about in the next versions of the MacBook/Pros:
- They will most likely have Intel Centrino 2 platform chips.
- 16:9 screens which come in slightly bigger sizes: 14 inch and 15. 6 inch with different resolutions, obviously.
- The Macbook Air line should get a 45nm processor (Atom?) to help with that battery life.
- I have no idea if this will be called MacBook Touch or if they will keep their current monikers.
- It will be the best thing since sliced bread...
So, if the rumormill is correct, will these updates be enough to keep you from buying a Mac laptop for the next two months?