Followers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Interesting Linux Blogs To Follow

By Pavs

There are a lot of interesting blogs out there focusing on FOSS and Linux development, even though most of them are news aggregators, some of them publishes original contents which is what I am most interested in. Every week I find a new interesting site that I wish I knew about before; so today as I share with you some of the interesting Linux/FOSS blog I follow, I am hoping you will also share your favorite Linux blogs that I might not have seen before. There are three elements that I look for when I subscribe to a blog:


1) They are regularly updated.

2) They have full content for feed readers.

3) They publish original contents.

While corporate and big name blogs with many authors has more refined contents, I am personally more interested on personal blog with their own style of writing that I can relate to. Here are some of the interesting Linux blog I follow (in no particular order):

Mark Shuttleworth: This is where the founder of Ubuntu unwinds his thoughts. Though not as frequently updated as I would love it to, Mark often discusses the future projects of Ubuntu (like hiring designers for Ubuntu artwork and UI), and gives updates on many interviews he does all over the web.

Linus Torvalds: Never thought this day would come; but Linus, founder of Linux, recently started his own blog primarily meant for writing about his family. It’s still very early to say which direction his blog will go, he did write about Linux couple of times. To be honest I follow his blog just because he is Linus, and I would be interested in whatever he has to write about.

Linux Journal: I wish Linux.com was more like LinuxJournal. LinuxJournal is a very popular Linux magazine and their blog is full of refreshingly original content, they have a separate How-to section which is also ripe with good contents.

Debian Package of the Day: A very under-rated blog IMO. This blog has tons of useful articles discussing packages I never heard about.

ArsTechnica: Mostly maintained by Ryan Paul, Linux section maintains the same standard of quality articles as rest of the site does.

Ubuntu Geek: A very decent blog mostly focused on How-tos for Ubuntu distribution.

HowtoForge: If you like spoon-fed how tos, this is the blog for you. Frequently updated, high quality contents with plenty of picture to satisfy your geeky needs. Highly recommended.

Phoronix: This blog is a good source for Linux hardware related information.

Polish Linux: As the name suggest, this blog is maintained primarily by a group of polish blogger. Has a good number of original well-researched articles; but not as frequently updated as I would like it to.

hehe2: Don’t be fooled by the name. This is a very good Linux Advocacy Blog by a very interesting blogger: Rami Taibah.

junauza: Though it claims to be a tech blog, most of its articles are Linux related in the form of lists. I have found some new stuff about linux that I wasn’t aware of before. Worth a look.

Original here

3 comments:

amendaa said...

This is a very interesting article on the different types of skills required in the IT Industry. They range from programming to networks.
www.linuxtraining.blogspot.com
www.navneetlinuxexpert.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You can also try to use a very effective and affordable application for Linux Data Recovery from here :-
http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/linux-data-recovery.html

Unknown said...

You can also try to use a very effective and affordable application for Linux Data Recovery from here:- http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/linux-recovery-software.html