Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

"I Am Rich" Buyer Lashes Out At Media For Calling Her An 'Idiot'

Debbie_norom_iphone

LOS ANGELES, CA - Debbie Norom, who allegedly purchased the $999.99 "I Am Rich" iPhone app, has every right to be angry after several highly visible websites called the eight individuals who bought Armin Heinrich's highly controversial iPhone application from Apple's popular AppStore, 'idiots'. A post featured on Gizmodo called the now infamous 'Crazy 8', 'morons' and 'dumbasses' who fell for an idea some considered brilliant. Norom insisted she has no regrets purchasing the wildly popular "I Am Rich" application for her iPhone, lambasting the media as "Bastard people" for their vicious name calling.

"Bad things always happen to me, sometimes twice a day," said Los Angeles resident Debbie Norom, pictured above next to her Smart Car covered in bird droppings. "That doesn't make me a moron. I happen to like expensive trendy stuff. I'm not an idiot! 'I Am Rich' is pretty cool especially now since it's gone. That makes my app a valuable collectors item worth more than $1,000 dollars if I sold it on Ebay. Can I do that?"

I_am_rich The $1,000 "I Am Rich" app did nothing more than display a glowing red jewel on the iPhone, which serious developers considered a travesty of a mockery of two shams. Many iPhone faithful who first discovered the app thought it was a joke until one user's Visa card was charged the excessive fee. His AppStore review was a painful lament amounting to a sissy style, man-whining plea for Apple's to step in. Public outcry from various blogs eventually caused Apple to pull "I Am Rich" from the AppStore after eight forward thinking US residents, including Debbie Norom already purchased it, in addition to one genius in Germany and an international Mensa member in France.

"I feel really bad for other people who bought that app like me because public ridicule is so hurtful. We're real people with real lives and lots of money, not morons like everyone is reporting," Norom said choking back angry tears, "Some jackass stopped me and asked if I wanted to buy his mint condition, sealed copy of Windows Vista for $1,000. Even an idiot knows not to install that crappy program even if it's free."

The "I Am Rich" app was available for only one day before Apple yanked it from the AppStore without any explanation, causing Pete Mortensen from Cult of Mac to mourn its loss. A popular iPhone wallpaper spoof on Flickr called "I'm Rich Bitch!" quickly replaced the authentic app, featuring a stylized Apple logo in the center surrounded by a red glow like the original. Unlike the real deal, this digital art 'spoof' can be downloaded to use on your iPhone for free.

Original here

No comments: